Thursday, April 14, 2005

HAHAHA, Fantastic!

I had a review today. My reviews in the past have never really been reviews, you know. My 90 day review comes round, and no one fires me, so I figure that a good review. My year review comes round, I open my paycheck and find a two cent raise, I'm like, "Great! another good review!"

This is the first job where I actually have to sit with my boss and go over my performance. Here was the jist of it...

my boss: "Hey, Melissa, you're great, I have nothing bad to say about you, wont you please be a financial aid officer forever?"
me: "OK"
my boss: "Great! have an 8% raise."

Well.... not really. I got a good review, and I got an 8% raise, but no "You're brilliant," It was good though, I couldnt be happier. Hopefully I keep this up.

I missed American Idol last night to go out with Jme. I read the Television without pity recab of the show, and personally, I'm frikin glad I missed it. Pshhh.

6 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger sir77 said...

I'm guessing, then, that YOU didn't write the TV w/out pity re-cap?

Oh, and congrats on the raise! We all (well, most of us anyway--I'll explain later) knew you could do it!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on the raise!!! how excellent is that!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger jen said...

Congrats! Yay!
I really miss you, but you obviously did the right thing by making this move. Good for you!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger The one and only Tree said...

Congrats on the raise...that is wonderful!!! Much better than Western's two cent raises:)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger sir77 said...

Uh-oh, what two-cent raises???

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy for you as well, and I am totally jealous of your raise, I didn't get a review this year, and I'm still here, so I should also assume that I've done an adequate job. Wish it were me getting that big fat raise. Maybe some time in the future. I look forward to that day let me tell you! I'd love to come work with you as a financial aid officer, we'd make a great team. However, on the other hand, maybe you are relieved that I am here! LOL! I miss you too, and am very proud of you! I am glad you have succeeded to this level and I am sure you will continue to grow! Have a great weekend with YumYumIceCream and you two be safe! Love T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home