Saturday, November 26, 2005

Tis the season of...

Parking lot hell!

I tried going to a starbucks this morning, over by my co-worker's place (I was housesitting). The Starbucks maybe had about 10 parking spots, yet there were more than 10 cars. People parked where ever there was space, even if it wasnt a parking spot.

Which is how I almost parked in someone else's spot.

There was a car backing up, so I went to park there after they had left. There was another car I thought was parked who had also been waiting for that same spot before I had arrived.

I made the first move to park, the other car honked.

Which, to a decaf version of me, who thought the other car was empty FREAKED OUT. I quickly backed up my car to give her the spot, then turned to wave a sheepish "sorry about that" wave. By the time I did wave, the lady unrolled her car window so she could give me the finger and yell.

Or, at least, that what I think she was supposed to do.

The poor lady looked worse off than even I am without coffee.

It was like, she couldnt remember WHAT finger was the "mean" finger. So she gave me ALL of them. She gave me the jazz fingers.

And she tried to say something. But from what I could hear, it sounded more like, "Mwablafeet!!!"

I think I just sat there for a second with my mouth hanging open. I had no idea what she was trying to do. So I drove away to a different coffee shop that had parking spots and really good rasberry scones, to avoid running into the crazy lady in Starbucks, who would have probably thrown a packet of equal at me, or something.

While I was sitting and drinking at the safe coffee house, I realized it really IS the holiday season.

And I smiled.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger sjhiro said...

HAHAH! Just the other day when I was putting gas in the car, clearly the arrows point one way and this idiot goes in the wrong way. I'm in the correct way and then he's pointing to me to reverse and I shake my head and point the correct direction. I curse him and reverse.

The gas attendent told me he would have kicked the asshole's car if he was in my position.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home