Monday, November 21, 2005

Wednesday

I went to Starbucks today for a quick pick-me-up. I got one of those nummy Peppermint Mochas. It was really good.

But thats not the point of this blog entry.

This point of this blog entry is that people annoy me.

When I was at Starbucks, the girl behind the counter asked how I was doing today. I said, "I cant complain, today is like Wednesday."

The girl gave me a look like I was a two-headed gorilla dressed in a saran wrap dress who was breaking eggs on its head, singing, "We are the Champions" by Queen. Then she said, "Uhhh, nooooo, today's Monday."

Then I said, "Heh, I know. It's like Wednesday."

Then she looked at me some more.

And then I had to further explain, "I dont work Thursday or Friday this week, because of Thanksgiving. So, to me, it's kinda like a Wednesday today. But I know its Monday."

Then she said, "oooh, sure."

And then I felt like an ass. Even though it was she who was the ass in this scenario.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger The one and only Tree said...

I look at today a little different. Monday was Monday because...well, it was the first day of the week. Today (Tuesday) is like Wednesday because it is the middle of the "week" and Wednesday is Friday since it is the last day of the week for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home