Monday, October 31, 2005

Oh what a beautiful what-what.

When I was young, and my mom really wanted to annoy me, in the mornings she would sing to me:

"Oh! What a beautiful morning!
Oh! What a beautiful day!
I have a wonderful feeling....
Everything is going my way!"

She'd usually sing this song to me in the mornings when I had already pressed my snooze button about 8 times.

I dont like mornings.

And I really disliked this morning.

So I've revised the song to go along more with my life. Heeeeeere we go!

"Oh, what a crap morning,
oh, what a crap day,
i have a crap feeling,
everything is not going my way because my stupid work doesnt have enough parking spots for their employees AND students to park together, so they make all us employees park across the street aways, so when its October and its raining YOUR DRENCHED FOR THE REST OF THE DAY!! It's not only the rain, nono! It's the spray from all the cars driving on by. With people who are DRY, and who will remain DRY, unlike me. Who's even MORE wet now because I just have stepped in a puddle that goes up to my knees so now I have wet socks too! I wish the wet would just go away!!!"

Phew, I should get into this whole "writing song lyrics" thing. I'm good at it!

Tell me I'm good at it.

OR I'LL WISH YOU'RE WET TOO.....

5 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger sjhiro said...

you're good at it.

I noticed that the wet seat at the max is true.

I was soaked this morning too. And the umbrella turned inside out and i skidded on the wet/muddy sidewalk.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Brenna said...

Remember what mom would sing when we were fighting? She really uses her music to annoy. It's like her secret power...

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Kris said...

"She uses her music to annoy"? Perhaps I'm spreading goodwill and harmony throughout the land? Perhaps my "secret power" is making sure that everyone within the range of my meladic voice has peace and joy in their hearts?

Besides you three are such devoted sisters!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister.

And Lord help the sister who comes between me and my man.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger The one and only Tree said...

beautiful song Mel...I am sorry you had a yucky (and wet) morning...but at least you can drive. That is what you were so excited about when you got the job. Much better than the bus, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home