Tuesday, August 10, 2004

For Example...

So, er, I need an extra day this week. One to do things that need to be done. For example: Sleep. I need to sleep. I sound selfish, I know, but I really do need it. People keep doing things that require my time. For example (I love examples) Lisa is moving to San Fran on Friday. So I must visit with her one last time before she leaves me forever. Another example, my co-worker quit on us, and now we must celebrate on Friday night. And then I have a speech. That needs a visual aid. But I have to be here. Working. Which means I have to do that during some night. Tomorrow night. Wednesday night. Ah yes, Wednesday. Hump day. I guess I look more friendly than I actually am. For example... Yesterday as I was walking to my car, a man who was standing directly in front of Rialto's (a restuarant/bar/pool room)asks me where Rialto's was. I said he was standing right in front of it. He laughs. I just look at him and continue to walk. He says, "hey! can I buy you a drink?" Sadly enough, I have a complex where I am somehow unable to say no, so I turn around, and give my best "suddenly struck deaf/dumb" look, turn around and continue to walk to my car. Which is me saying "no" Without talking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home