Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Aged

I'm not as young as I once was.

::sigh::

Last night, after work, I went to meet a co-worker's friend for happy hour to see if we were compatable as roommates.

And we were, which is great.

I got home at around 1:30 - 2:00am. It used to be that I could come home that late, slobbering drunk, wake up at 5:30 that morning and go to work with little to no side affects.

I came home last night, incredibly sober, but tired. I slept in this morning until 8:30, and have been dragging all day at work. It took me three advil before I got in my car, two asprins before I sat in my chair at work, one cup of ineffective coffee, and two bottles of soda before I felt at all human.

Actually, thats a lie. I'm still not normal. People keep talking to me, asking questions and expecting me to work. No one really makes any sense. But somehow I manage to answer questions. And apparently it makes sense, because people keep nodding their heads like I'm saying something coherent.

But am I?

I dont think I am. I think people just take a look at my bloodshot eyes, and try to do anything that will get them away from me asap.

Nodding their heads might be their only defense.

Am I really that scary?

Yes, I think I am. I think at one point I caught myself drooling. And I keep staring at my Sonny and Cher picture. It's so hypnotic.

Sooonnnnny.

Cheeeeeer.

Today is my one year anniversary here at work!

Hurray for me!

Feeeeaaatheeeers.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger The one and only Tree said...

Wow...has it really been a year? It is funny...yesterday was Christina's one year anniversary too. You guys are twins!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

She just stated to me that that no one said "happy Anniversary". So, I sang it to her. I would sing to you, but I can't so I won't. I was just thinking that it's been a year since you've been gone. I remember the party oh so well. You and Kelly. Well, happy anniversary. When are you moving out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home