Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year!

Wow! I had a very bad New Years! Meaning, of course, that it can only get better. I have very high hopes for 2005. This new years I ended up at a couple of parties...

Party #1: Party 1 consisted of a couple of underage Christian kids. Who are 100% anti-beer. Needless to say, it was quite awkward. I had an interesting conversation at least. It went a little something like this:
Underage Boy: "So what are your new years resolutions?"
Me: "Err, I dunno, really."
Underage Boy: "Do you want to get engaged?"
Me: "What?"
Underage Boy: "Get engaged. Do you want to get engaged?"
Me: "No."
Underage Boy: "Ah, well, I guess you look a little young. How old are you?"
Me: "23."
Underage Boy: "Hmm, well, thats too young to get married, but just the right age to be engaged. Thats your new years resolution then. Get engaged."
Me: "Umm, ok."
Underage Boy: "Haha, great, good luck to you then."
Me: "Yeah, ok."

~~end of conversation~~

This is a GREAT example of why beer is a necessity at new years parties.

Party #2: This place was about 30 minutes away from our apartment. It took us an hour and a half to get there. That was fun. Once we got there I had a beer. Then quickly realized I was once again, with a group of Christians. Who were all very young and very already married. But at least there was beer. After listening to Darbie talk to one of her friends for a while about crap I couldnt care less about, I sat upstairs. By my lonesome. Eating celery and drinking beer. A young man walked upstairs. Here was our conversation:

Already Married Boy: "Hey! You're all by yourself! Hows it going?"
Me: "Purty good, you?"
Already Married Boy: "Good Good! My wife and I are having a blast!"
Me: "Neato."
Already Married Boy: "Why are you by yourself, where is your husband?"
Me: "Oh, haha. I'm not married."
Already Married Boy: "Why?"
Me: "I dont know?"
Already Married Boy: "You should get married. Well bye!"
Me: "Yeah, ok, bye."

~~end of conversation~~

Later that night.... In my bed, back at my apartment, 3 beers later. I'm set for bed.
A couple hours later....
I VOMITED EVERYWHERE!! It was chaos! And gross.

14 hours later... I recover! What a way to bring in the new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home