Wednesday, March 01, 2006

http://library.thinkquest.org/2886

Last night I locked the keys to my office in my office, which, at the time, I thought was no big deal. Someone SOMWHERE should have the key to my office.

But no.

Last night, anyone who had my keys had already gone home. I was stuck outside my office without my purse, my car keys, my cell phone, my jacket, EVERYTHING.

::sigh::

Once everyone here figured out no one had a key to my office, the security gaurd, who used to be a lock smith, tried to break into my office with some burglar-like tools. Unfortunately, I guess the lock to my door is a "6 pin lock" which is "more secure" and "harder to break into" because it's a "stubburn sucker of a lock." or something.

Anyhoo, after about a half hour of this, when the security gaurds finger actualy STARTED TO BLEED, we had to call someone in, with a master key, to open my friggin door.

He wasnt too happy about having to come in at 7:40. But I got back in. Which is what counts.

New story now!!

A co-worker from next door has convinced me to participate in this thing called "lent" For the next 40 days, I am no longer to swear (which I never do anyway, mom) and no more chocolate. If I ever DO swear (which has never happened before) I owe a glass-heart-shaped jar 25 cents. At the end of the 40 days we use all the change to buy the participants a pizza party.

Will it be worth it?

I dont think so. I almost cried when I put my Tagalongs (the girl scout cookie thing) out in the common area for my other co-workers. It's nearing...you know...my........time (nudge, nudge; wink, wink), so it's EXTRA hard for me to give up chocolate.

But, on the other hand, this may be good insurance. If I die, or something, and go up to heaven to be judged, and I find out the Catholics WERE right, I could tell God something along the lines of, "I'm Catholic, sure! I did lent one year. I gave up chocolate DURING MY TIME OF THE MONTH!!!" and then God would probably reply by saying, "Oh! Cool, come on in." And then I'd be in heaven.

So maybe it is worth it.

hmmmmm.

Perplexing.

AND! Before you go off to do other lame things, check out the web address I have as my title! It's really kind of interesting. It has a list of what holiday falls on each day of the year. For example, my birthday (November 4th, Tanya) is "Waiting for the Barbians Day"

What holiday falls on YOUR birthday??? Leave it in the comment section.

That way, I'll be able to write all your birthdays in my calender, finally.

6 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Brenna said...

You'd better know my birthday, punk! And despite the holiday, I don't want a Yo-Yo on National Yo-Yo Day. I want gifts. And money. And LOTS and LOTS of chocolate. (Swearing is optional)

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Mine is Poisoned Blackberry Day. What did I or anyone else ever do to poor blackberries? How evil!

I think Lindsay's is better than mine, except I don't own a brown pair of shoes.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Forget me not day. You wouldn't forget me on my birthday anyway, right?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger sir77 said...

My birthday falls on I Want You to Be Happy Day, Peach Blossom Day and National Anthem Day. Wow--I get three! And what d'ya know--I DO know ALL the words to the national anthem!!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my birthday is Hot and Spicy Food International Day and National Nothing Day. nice huh.

Hope to see you this weekend [wink]! Sunday is good for me..

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger sjhiro said...

I guess my birthday is the same as Jaime's, so no point in repeating what holiday.

Yes.. let's go do something on Sunday. I'm taking work home and working OT tonight to get it finished by Saturday, and on Saturday I'm swamped with errands. Sunday sounds best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home