Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dad and Founding Dad!

Yes, that's right. Today is my dad's birthday. It's also George Washington's birthday. George Washington, of course, is one of our country's founding fathers, and my dad is MY father. Today is a fatherly birthday. A birthday of fathers.

Being fathers isnt the ONLY thing my dad and my founding dad have in common.

Here's an eery list of things they have in common. Coincidence? You tell me, folks...

1) They're both AMERICAN. Yea. I know. Weird.
2) George Washington cut down a cherry tree. My dad may or may have not cut down a tree also.
3) I believe my dad has a few cavaties. George Washington had cavaties too. And then George's teeth fell out. My dad still has his teeth because we have more efficient dentist these days. If we didnt have our dentists, I'll bet my old man would be walking around with a wooden smile too.
4) George Washington co-founded a country. My dad co-founded Sunset Granite (www.sunsetgranite.com <--- Check it out, you know you want to).
and LASTLY 5) They're old.

THERE YOU HAVE IT. George W. and Dad. Very very similar people. With very very similar birthdays.

Now lets move on to me. Last night I was playing with my roomates dog, Bentley. Bentley is a beagle mix and is very hyper, very stubborn, and very un neutered.

Bentley can play for hours, I cannot. Especially when AI is on. And it was on last night. So I tried to stop playing with the dog.

Then Bentley would bark at me. Or lick at me. And then bark at me again. And then REALLY lick me a LOT. And when I would still ignore him, he would start chewing on the couch. Or eat the plants. Or bring me my pillows or towels from out of my room. And socks.

Finally I caved, and tried to take a sock away from him. I realized,then, if I just held on to the sock, he could not chew the couch, lick me, or bark at me, because he had a sock in his mouth. So I held onto my sock last night, and was able to continue watching AI in peace, and Bentley continued to try to take the sock from me.

"This is perfect!" I thought. And watched some stupid girls sing stupid songs stupidly.

5 minutes later, Bentley ran off.

"That's odd!" I thought.

I looked to where Bentley had run off to. Interestingly enough, HE STILL HAD MY SOCK.

"What the!?" I said out loud.

Because, you see, I had never let go of the sock.

I looked down at my hand with the sock and saw that Bentley had chewed my sock in half. It was as if someone had come by with scissors and cut the sock straight through. But there WERE no scissors, just Bentley hyper, stubborn, and un neutered teeth.

The actual point of my story is that I'm down a sock now.

It's a really sad day to be me.

3 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i like reading your blogs.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I called your dad "George" because I got them confused!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger sjhiro said...

Now I understand the story about Bentley... he's adorable, until he starts licking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home