Monday, September 27, 2004

Choices... Arg

So, I'm thinking about donating my eggs for all the er, uh, 2 of you who dont know. I went to my first examination today where I received an ultra sound. Apparently I produce more folicles than I should, which would mean, after I start on my hormones, produce around 35 eggs. Then I face the risk of bloating to the point where I would need to be drained. But there isnt a HUGE risk of that happening, just more of a risk to me than other girls who are going through this.

Should I take a risk and donate still? $3,000 would be VERY VERY VERY helpful to me right now. Or should I play it safe? Hmmm... Choices. Haha, if I did bloat, I could paint myself purple and reinact the scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. "Violet! You're turning violet, Violet!!"


Good times.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

DONATE!!!

NEVER, PLAY IT SAFE!! UNLESS YOU ARE PLAYING THE STOCK MARKET.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Kelly, go for it! As we talked yesterday, if it does happen, it will be an experience, but $3,000 is a lot of money and why not? You need the money, can donate yourself to the "world", and share this experience with others. I am most concerned with what your mom says, as she is a very wise woman and I would listen to her opinion both as mom and nurse, and experiece in this field. Life in itself is risky, so why not? I look up to you for having the guts to do this, and the eggs! Ha Ha! T

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Brenna said...

Okay. After seeing several women go through the process (not tons, but a few), I feel qualified to make a statement. The women who receive donated eggs are so grateful. You'd be giving them the most amazing gift imaginable. But, that could mean that I'd have genetic nieces or nephews out there. That's weird to me. Personally, if I was in your position, I don't think I could know that there were little pieces of me out there that I'd never see or know. But what a loved child it would be...a miracle to the family who gets it. So, there. No decision from me, though I do lean one way.

Has someone already chosen you?

As for the danger of bloating... you know you'd be miserable, but $3000 may be worth it. Make sure you know what permanent problems you could have as a result of getting all edematous. Heart damage? Blood vessels? Lungs? What is the risk of going into respiratory distress?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger jen said...

I agree with Brenna. Consider everything, and if you decide to do it, look forward with no regret.
You WOULD be giving someone a tremendous gift. Just make sure that the physical ramifications that COULD occur, are not life threatening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home