Thursday, September 01, 2005

New Month

I've spent the last two days moving out of my apartment with Darbie. I worked my ass off (and when I say I worked my ass off, I meant it figuratively, not literally, as my ass is still a HUGE part of me, and I'm sure will remain a HUGE part of me forever and ever and ever). The apartment is now sparkly clean and empty.

I've had problems sleeping at nights at my parents place. It's dark as hell over there. AND quiet as hell. I never thought I would miss my neighbors, and their cat, and the train, the neighborhood skater kids, all the cars, the sirens, and the smokers outside my window so much. But I do miss them. When I do finally fall asleep, it seems two minutes later, Murphy wakes up and wants breakfast, or to go outside, or my dad. He barks, and yawns, and whines. ARG MURPHY!!!

So, I'm tired, cranky, bruised, sore, beaten down. And yet, there is no place I'd rather be than right here at my desk. It's the only familar place I know. It's like home. And when all is said and done, at least I have a place where I am comfortable. I feel TERRIBLE for the people down south right now. I swear, I cry every time I watch the news...

Ok, I'm going to try to hunt down some headache medicine now....

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger The one and only Tree said...

My poor little Melissa....
Has your mom cleaned up all the dust from the house since dad made the mess with the tractor?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger sjhiro said...

I can't wait to see the orange countertops! It seems nice that you don't have the extra bill a month - rent - I wish I had that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home