Monday, August 14, 2006

I found a "How to Feel Good" or "How to Be Happy" books at my house yesterday. I was reading through it, basically it says if you think negative thoughts, you'll be depressed/angry/confused/whatever. If you realize you have these bad thoughts, you can change the thought and be happy/non angry/assured/and stuff.

I tried that theory out today while I was at lunch.

The situation:

My car is running low on gas, I see that Costco's gas station has no line (which is almost unheard of!!), I drive up to the gas pump, and roll down my window, waiting for a gas attendant. The gas attendant look at my car, then walks up to a car next to me (which was there first). This was no car, however, it was a full sized Winibego type of motor home trailer campy thing. The gas attendant comments on the size to the owner. Here is where my negative thoughts begin:

"Ooooh, I really hope they dont start a conversation. I'm already late getting back to work. I really need to get back soon. Oh. My. God. Is the gas attendant man taking a tour of the bus? Is he? He's actually going inside? Oh God. This is....I cant... I'm so hot...It's so hot in my car...You know if I were in Washington, I could pump my own gas and be gone by now...What! What is he doing?!?...He's taking a CARD from THE WHAT?!?! I have such a little car! I could be filled up by now! WAIT, positive thoughts! There must be something positve...about anything. Wait a minute, didnt that author of How to Be Happy steal Pollyanna's idea???"

I was not able to come up with any positve thoughts. Especially after I paid $30 for gas. Sometimes, things just plain old suck.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger sjhiro said...

I have a How to be Happy Damnit book, which I love.

I hate gas stations and what a punk ass attendant. Our godparents from MN came to visit us a few weeks ago and found it so strange that in OR we don't pump gas. The gas attendant told him that it is illegal in OR for him to touch the gas thing.

I wonder now if you have the same how to be happy book as i.....

see you Wednesday!!! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home