Friday, January 14, 2005

Brrrr....

Lunch Time!! So this week... oi. I've tried to be the best employee I can possibly be this week at my new job. It was my goal to be indispensable by today.

HOWEVER, this hasnt happend. Not only have I slept in THREE TIMES this week, I've also gone and made a fool out of myself in front of the president. The sleeping in thing is not my fault. I'm still used to afternoon positions, I go home at six now and think it's around 9pm. I'm completely thrown off. It turns out, I cant eat in the mornings anymore. I can drink coffee, but I cant eat breakfast. It makes me sick feeling. I have to defrost my car. LAME. I sit in traffic. I set my alarm for 5am. I wake up at 7:30. I have to be normal looking and acting by the time I arrive at work. I cant even remember my own name most mornings, let alone be on top of things and remember who I've met, and who I havent met. Gosh.

As for the president. David, me thinks. My female co-worker, Jodi, took me into his office next door and introduced me to him. Here's a little flash back for you all:

::Two days ago::
Female co-worker Jodi: "Hey, Melissa, come in and meet the president."
Me: "OK!!"
Female co-worker Jodi: "[President's Name], I'd like you to meet Melissa, Melissa this is [President's Name]."
Inner Me (as in, I'm thinking this right now): Oh God, I must fart.
::I flush::
[President's Name]: "Ah, Melissa, it's great to meet, you. You must be one of the FA assistants!"
Me: "Yes, I am"
::I run out of the room::

Now, according to my inside sorces, the president thinks I'm scared of him. Which I'm not. I'm just weird.

::sigh::

I'm gonna go score some skittles now....

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing at you! Dork comes to mind, but in a good way! You are too funny. The late thing, need to curve that and be there on time. You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression, food for thought! Well, You are still employed, that is a good thing. Terrible timing for a fart coming on, that cracks me up all over again! Traffic sucks doesn't it? I thought of you when they had the fatal car accident this morning on the TV highway. I figured you would be trapped in your apartment complex or at least be late. I called and left a message on your phone, you didn't answer, but that's ok. See you Monday. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home